ONE TREE WILL BE PLANTED FOR EVERY ORDER FROM OUR STORE!
This is no ordinary produce bag. It is made from linen remnants that are recycled and sewn into unique designs. It is handmade with love and consideration for the environment. It is fully biodegradable and natural. This is a great choice for your local market grocery shopping or packing a large picnic snack.
The idea behind this product came from learning how much waste is being created worldwide every day. We wanted to offer our customers a functional alternative to plastic produce bags. When conceptualising this product it was important for us to create it in the most environmentally friendly way possible.
We decided to use linen fabric remnants and transform them into beautiful zero waste items that make living a more sustainable lifestyle possible. Pigeon Eco Store bags reduce unnecessary waste while you shop helping you make a positive impact with you purchases.
- Made from OEKO
- TEX Standard 100 certified European linen fabric remnants offered by notPERFECTLINEN a fantastic slow fashion store
- Cotton thread was used instead of polyester to make sure this bag is fully biodegradable.
- Finished inside with neat French stitches
- The fabric is natural and breathable which helps keeping your produce fresh - Handmade at our humble home in the United States with the minimal environmental impact - Great for bulk foods like small and large vegetables, fruits, pasta, family size snacks, bread rolls or bagels
- Perfect for storing vegetables and dry produce
- This is a drawstring bag, but draws very slowly. Please note that this is due to the string being made from linen fabric scraps and it may not draw as effectively as a regular drawstring bag
- Please take into consideration that actual colors may vary due to your computer resolution and monitor color restrictions.
- This bag is handmade to order from available to us scraps of fabric. This means the scraps sizes may vary and there may be small differences between each bag (like thread colour, linen string thickness or colour, different number of scraps being used)
- bags are made to order. Please let us know at least two colours which you would like to have your bag in.
- Our Pigeon Eco Store Logo stamped at the bag front and on our labels is carefully added to every product with a handmade wooden stamp and waterproof ink
This is the size L- LARGE It is 15" x 16" / 38cm x 40.6cm *
Our store offers more bags in different sizes. If you are not able to find the size you are looking for please contact us and we will custom make it for you.
HOW TO ORDER
- Choose the amount
- Pick your colours
- please pick a primary and a secondary colour to create your own colour mix. You can also add a colour number three in your personalisation. We need at least two colours to create a bag for you. If you only choose the primary colour, that is great too! In that case we will pick the remaining colours for you. Not sure what to choose? We are happy to pick colours for you.
- Hand wash for longevity or machine wash in cold water on a very gentle cycle
- Please do not tumble dry- this is not only bad for linen but also for the environment. Just hang to naturally dry, linen dries very fast compering to other fabrics.
- We invite you to fall in love with linen's natural texture and wrinkles. We kindly suggest not to iron your linen bag. However if it is your preference we recommend ironing it inside-out on a medium-high setting.
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR MISSION AND DISCOVER DIFFERENT PRODUCTS Take a look at "Sustainable living and business ideas with a morning coffee" Facebook Group.
Follow us on Instagram/ Facebook - Pigeon Eco Store.
WITH EVERY ORDER FROM OUR STORE ONE TREE WILL BE PLANTED THROUGH "ONE TREE PLANTED" COMPANY.